Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving

We've had a busy few months as a family so this year we decided to keep it low key for Thanksgiving and just stay home.  . And it was awesome! I mean don't get me wrong, I missed spending time with family, playing games and the amazing food . . . but I didn't miss the traffic or the long drive or trying to corral my kids at someone else's house. 

Our thanksgiving started by getting up early and running the Turkey Trot. This one ends at a wave pool where you get to swim for a couple hours after the run. It was perfect! The boys did a pretty good job in the trailer while we ran, it rained off and on during the run, thankfully they stayed dry and it was only a 5K. There were lots of kids running and Cameron is ready to run next year. We headed into the pool right after the race. The boys loved it. 
  
We came home and had cinnamon rolls and relaxed.  I didn't want to make a turkey for just the four of us so I opted for a pot pie. It was delicious! We went around the table talking about what we were thankful for. Cameron really like it and suggested we go around again so we spent the first part of dinner going around the table listing off all of our wonderful blessings! 

Note to self: straighten up table before attempting a picture!

1 comment:

Oma Hagen said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day!